Image Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sewing the Trends: Shannon From Little Kids Grow

Today's special guest is Shannon from Little Kids Grow. Shannon is a mom of six who makes some very great looking outfits for her kids and herself as you can see!  You may recognize her work from Project Run & Play, where she was a contestant. Shannon also has a line of patterns coming out very soon for bigger girls. How does she do it? Here are a few of her projects:

Shannon's outfit today was inspired by the trend of Mixing Patterns
Stop by her blog to get the scoop and to say hi!




"Hi everyone. It's Shannon from LittleKidsGrow. I was really excited about Justine's series because it gave me another "excuse" to sew something for myself. I mostly sew for my kids, but this year I made a promise to myself that I'd start sewing more things for me.

I'll be honest with you. I had no clue what was trendy this summer.I'm pretty sure I could tell you what the little ones are wearing this year, but I was really behind on current trends for women. I absolutely loved researching what was "in" this year. Most of the things that I like to sew for myself are little bit side of center. My style choices have definitely calmed down as I've gotten older, but I still love the element of surprise. Maybe it's a skirt in a really unique texture, or a maxi dress with a hand painted design on the side. Whatever I make, I'm going to try to figure out some way to infuse a little bit of my personality into the the final piece. I'm kind of on the artsy side, so maybe that's where I get my sense of style.

My favorite trend for this summer is mixing patterns. I drafted a hi-lo top with an open mandarin collar and a pair of shorts with box pleats. I probably haven't worn shorts in 10 years, so I'm really excited about the look. You can see more pics of my new outfit on my site.

Thank you for having me, Justine."

And thank you Shannon, for participating.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of your outfits you make for yourself! Because Lord knows moms deserve some hand made fashion too!  Cheers!





If you would like to see more sewing and craft related posts consider adding Sew Country Chick to your rss feed reader. Or follow with Facebook, Twitter, or Friend Connect!

2 comments:

  1. oh what a cute outfit :) Love the top - so light and sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Shannon's take on pattern mixing - such a cool and effortless look!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...