Image Map

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Melissa From I Still Love You: Sewing The Trends

We have another awesome blogger today. Melissa from I Still Love You!
I love her blog and had a great time meeting her at Fabric weekend. This girl is so funny, she had me laughing nonstop! I was with her when she picked out her fabric for her vintage style bathing suit for her project and am so excited to debut it here. Vintage style bikinis with a high waist are all the rage now and I can't wait to see her version. To see her full post and how she designed this ADORABLE BIKINI click here to visit her blog!


"I'm so excited to be part of this series! I'm a calligrapherdesigner, blogger and sewer

In the last few months I've sewn like never before. I've tackled some tough materials (leather and chiffon), but I really pushed myself with the series and made myself a swimsuit! After visualizing it and problem-solving it in my head, I got the courage to construct it. It took nearly a whole day to sew, but it was worth it. 

I couldn't have done it without the encouragement of Justine! Seriously, how inspiring is she? We were in Michael Levine and I was telling her about this awesome swimsuit I bought that didn't fit me at all. She said, "Make one! They're so easy!" Then she walked me to the swim fabric and showed me the high quality swim suit fabric. It was revelatory. She was the push I needed to make this thing happen! Thanks, Justine!"

And THANK YOU Melissa!  Love that bikini! here area  few of my fave projects from Melissa's blog. her blog is CHOCK FULL of fashionable sewing tutorials!



If you would like to see more sewing and craft related posts consider adding Sew Country Chick to your rss feed reader. Or follow with Facebook, Twitter, or Friend Connect!

4 comments:

  1. I love ALL the items shown! You really are an inspiration! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. me gusta mucho el biquini
    http://mandarinacosturera.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her and love the swim suit! Great series Justine!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...