Image Map

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sewing The Trends: Marie from A Stitching Odyssey

Today's guest is the lovely Marie from A Stitching Odyssey!

I was so happy that Marie agreed to try the Sewing The Trends Challenge! I have been reading her blog since 2011, and have always enjoyed her pretty and feminine projects. Not to mention she is just so sweet! Plus, I love to get her English perspective on all things sewing. 
below are a few of her lovely projects from her blog I'd like to share with you.

Let's hear a little from Miss Marie herself!

"I learned to sew just over three years ago and haven't looked back since. What I love most about it is that sewing provides an escape from my 9-5 day job and allows me to be creative in ways I didn't even know I could be. And I get to create a unique wardrobe for myself at the same time! I particularly enjoy sewing cute blouses and dresses and I'm very much drawn to vintage styles - I have a soft spot for sewing patterns from the late 1930s to the early 1960s. My blog goes hand-in-hand with my sewing. I started it as a way of documenting my projects and progress, but it's much more than that now. I like to think that I'm giving something back to the online sewing community through it, by sharing my honest experiences and handy tips."


For today's challenge Marie decided to interpret the Metallic Trend. 

Here is a little preview of what she made.
Lovely, isn't it?




Stop by her blog to get the full story, more pictures, and to say hi!

If you would like to check out some fashion trends yourself we have put together a Pinterest board you can visit.
Thanks for stopping by!


If you would like to see more sewing and craft related posts consider adding Sew Country Chick to your rss feed reader. Or follow with Facebook, Twitter, or Friend Connect!

5 comments:

  1. I love this 'Sewing the Trends' series! Thank you! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, thanks again so much for featuring me Justine! I had so much fun with it and I can't wait to see the series unfold ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thougth the metallic trend was going to be harder to pull but Marie went and made a gorgeous metallic top. I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, LOVE that top...and mixing it with floral is super super cute. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bonito look
    http://mandarinacosturera.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...