Image Map

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Restoring a late thirties rayon dress






Cost: 5.00$ due to rotted seams and holes
Time Spent fixing it: About 2 hours
This little dress was in a sad state. I bought it at my favorite local treasure trove which doesn't even have a name! Terry the owner didn't want to deal with restoring it so she sold it to me for the fabric. I love the little draped panels in the front and the way the two little points fold down at the neckline. Now if I could only find someone with a 25 inch waist to fit into this!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! You really brought this beauty back to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an 'optimistic' dress. too bad about the waist!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done! You are always so skillful.

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...