Image Map

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sew & Tell Saturday July 14, 2012

Welcome to Sew & Tell Saturday!
Happy Bastille Day!
My vacation continues  and I am happy to announce that I have some fabulous guest posters coming up this next week!
My guest posters will be:
Mie from Sewing Like Mad
Cindy from Cation Designs
Melissa From Melly Sews
I like each one of these blogs so much and I know you will too! I hope you stop by this next week to see what these bloggers are going to share.

Now on to the featured posts from last week:
SEWING TIPS AND TUTORIALS
I thought I might feature a few of the sewing tips that had some great sewing tips in them that might be useful to you.
The first featured post from last week is from  Rose Is A Rose and goes into depth about sewing with leather, which I have only done once. 

This was a very useful post about sewing the Emmaline bag in leather, a bag pattern designed by Janelle from Emmaline bags.

My second featured post is by Andrea from Four Square Walls.
I think she is adorable in her handmade top, by the way!
 In her post she shares a fabulous tip for a hassle free way to cut out those little strips of knit fabric to use for facing knit dresses and tops.
The third feature is by Jaime from Scattered Thoughts Of a Stay At Home Mom, who shares a tutorial about how to make this cute top.

 I love these kids tutorials and the principles here could also be applied to making a top for an adult. Jaime also includes a free pattern for the kids. Thanks Jaime!

So let's see what you have been up to!



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I just love the leather bag!!! Thanks for hosting, Justine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the leather bag is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring my flutter sleeve top! I don't have anything new to link up this week... Maybe next week!
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring my post... and my sockbun! Ha! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...