Image Map

Monday, July 30, 2012

Remember Provence Apron Tutorial




Hello readers!

Below is an apron tutorial I shared last week at Family Ever After blog where I was a featured guest.

This little apron was also featured in the April edition of the online Magazine called Parisienne Farmgirl.
So, it has already been around the block ,but here it is again.

It's an easy and fun little crafty project.

But first, I need to announce the winner of the Peek A Boo Pattern Giveaway.
Congratulations to Leigh Ann who blogs over at Sew Blessed!
I hope to see some of your sewn up patterns on Sew & Tell Saturday!
I will be emailing you.


Voila, the  Remember Provence apron....



Being the Francophile I am, I  love and have collected a few of those pretty striped grain sacks on my travels.
I've made pillows from them and often thought about making an apron from one, but was afraid to ruin the beautiful and rare fabric!
I love to combine hand painting with my sewing projects and this tutorial is a perfect combination of both.
A little arts and a little crafts!
You, or the recipient of this little apron can be the Belle Du Jour when you wear it.

Materials needed:
3/4 yard mid weight natural colored linen
1/4 yard  gingham fabric for the ties
Red fabric paint
Masking tape
A paintbrush

Here is my handpainted grainsack on the left next to an antique one I own on the right. This fabric can be used on lots of  projects besides aprons!




Waistband detail above. For the skirt I omitted the fourth 3/8 inch stripe.
Oh I almost forgot, Hem the apron skirt before you attach it to the waistband!


If you make one , please link it on Sew & Tell Saturday, I would love to see it.

Photobucket







Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Love it!! Thanks for sharing! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are so creative. Or should I say "sew creative".

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!!! It looks so perfect and very French!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome...........!!!Love the idea,thanks for sharing.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. alright! I know what I will be doing soon! pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial! Love the apron. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!!! I always like to wear an apron when I cook. Maybe I'll make one of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...