Image Map

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Sewing Bender

Ever since my kids got out of school for summer I have been a veritable sewing maniac. I haven't been this productive since I was pregnant and went on a nesting sew-athon making nursing covers, stroller and car seat covers, changing pads, and all other sundry of baby things during my last month.
 The Me Made June challenge has inspired me to start making more things for myself to wear. Also, sharing the photos with the other participants has been really fun and inspiring. There are so many nice creations on the Flickr group. Do drop by the link above to check it out! In the last week I have made two skirts, a dress, and a thrift shop refashioned blouse for myself.
Here is what I am working on today.
A 1953 Simplicity 1010 sundress pattern I am making for the Summer Essential Sew-A-long.

I am aligning the border of the fabric below at the waist and at the upper portion of the skirt.

A pillowcase below which I will be making into a toddler romper for this weeks SewWeekly pillowcase challenge. I will be posting the picture over there and also here Saturday for my Kids Sewing Linky Party. If any of you sew for your kids please enter my this linkup on Saturday so I have some company!
Here is what I wore for Me Made June today.
A peasant blouse refashioned from a men's shirt from the Target Liberty of London line from last summer. This shirt has been taken apart three times and I think I finally got it right yesterday. Do you like my chicken sculpture? it's made from recycled metal.
Thanks for dropping by!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I want to sew more for myself too - but as I'm in a 'slimming-process'(trying to loose weight) I really don't feel like making beautiful clothes for myself - as I hope they won't fit in a few weeks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those retro pattern covers :) That is an adorable top! I wish I knew how to sew... thanks for your funny comment on my blog :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shirt - and that chicken sculpture is brilliant! Did you do it?

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...