Image Map

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Using up my fabric stash





So I'm planning on going to the Los Angeles garment district tomorrow to do some fabric shopping. I can't help but feeling a little guilty because I already have so much fabric as you can see. A lot of it I have been picking up over the years at Flea Markets or thrift shops and various trips to the garment district downtown. But not much of it is actually that great for making grown up clothing. Quilting cotton is wonderful for children's clothing because it's so bright and durable but I'm not that crazy about the drape for my own clothes.There are some fun projects in this great book I just got from Amazon called One Yard WondersOne-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!. I could use up some of the fabrics I'm not that crazy about by making shopping bags for the grocery store. I need a new shower curtain and I would also like to cover my vintage ironing board with something cute and colorful. It's a beautiful old wooden board but it has an ancient stained cover on it which is getting a little too dreary for me to handle as you can see from the photo above. Maybe the fabric can be used to make some quilts to donate to my kids' school for the fundraiser this fall. Does anyone have any interesting ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...