Image Map

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Easy quilt for kids to make

Lily wanted to make a project to enter into the Ventura County Fair so I trolled around the internet to some of my favorite sewing sites and I found a tutorial for an easy picnic quilt with rock pockets on the back at sew mama sew.
1. Above are the fabrics we chose . I wasn't that crazy about them for making clothing so they had been sitting around . I have never made a quilt before so this was a learning experience for me as well. I cut out all the fabrics for Lily's quilt. Lily really balked at the thought of cutting out so many squares, 16 in all.
Future Crafter
2. Sewing the squares together
3. Rock pockets sewn onto the back.
4. Hand tying the quilt together
5. The finished product.

6.We'll see how it goes at the County Fair next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...