Image Map

Friday, July 23, 2010

Paris for Gigis first birthday June 2010


I thought I would post a few of my favorite photos from my Paris trip in June.

Travelling alone with a baby does have its downsides, like being stuck on the plane in a center seat with my squirming 12 month old baby on my lap, next to a man who for some reason was diligently working on an antique Chinese abacus that Gigi could not keep her hands off of. I finally had to tell him that if he didn't want it to be broken and he wanted my baby to stop lunging at him he'd better put it away. He actually ended up being a very nice man even, if he was a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon. 
But alas, like a failed love affair, once a trip is over you always remember the magic of the trip and conveniently blur the rougher edges of the adventure.
Above was a photo taken during an evening picnic I shared with one of my best friends' Monique, her husband Jean Christophe, and our babies at the Champs de Mars.

A photo of Genevieve's lost shoe. She lost this shoe many times on the trip and someone would always point it out to me . This shoe was lost after visiting the Yves Saint Laurent exhibition at the Petit Palais. It took me ten minutes of walking to find it and it looked so lost and forlorn on the path I had to take a picture.


Monique , Kissa, Myself and Genevieve at Notre Dame Cathedral.


Genevieve in front of a statue of her namesake, Saint Genevieve,at the Jardin Luxembourg. Need I tell you Saint Genevieve drove the Huns out of Paris in the 9th Century? I couldn't name my daughter after your garden variety martyr! No victims for her!


A Citroen in the road with a flat tire.

 I wonder how long it has been sitting there?

The bill at a cafe. It was raining outside and I was alone with my baby.
Au Revoir, Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...