Image Map

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Making Jam For The Year




Well I posted a couple of weeks ago about all my projects I had planned for July and making jam was on the list. I wasn't really in the mood for making jam this year but the fruit wasn't going to wait around for me! My kids helped me cut up the fruit and now we have lots of apricot, peach, and nectarine jam and preserves to last all year.
If you have any questions about making jam leave a comment and I would be happy to give you some advice.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. It's a lot of hot work but the results are wonderful. I'll be making red pepper jelly, apple caramel butter and canning tomatoes this coming month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, it's a lot of work but oh, so worth it! There is nothing more satisfying that opening a jar of home canned jam during the dead of winter. We have a pear tree in our back yard which is about 70 years old. It isn't producing well, but we can not bear to cut it down. It is now a shade tree, though a messy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I froze 10 quarts of blueberries but that's as far as I got. Haven't gotten around to canning anything.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...