Image Map

Monday, August 15, 2011

Little Girls Wrap Dress: Burda Enfants, French Edition Summer 2010

I bought this magazine last summer when I went to Paris. It took me a year to make anything from it. I decided to make  Lily the little wrap dress featured on the cover above.
I used an old lightweight denim I picked up for pennies at a yard sale. There were about ten yards of it but it was slightly faded in spots because it was so old or had been left out in the sun.
I love the seventies feel of this look!
I used some pretty bias trim I also bought on that trip to Paris made from Liberty Of London fabric. How cool is that? I wish it was sold here.
This dress was super easy since I used my new serger to put it together. Some of the fading can be seen on the back. Oh well...
Here is the maze that comprises Burda Magazine patterns. I have a new method for tracing these patterns:
I Use Kwik Sew Pattern Tracing Cloth to trace it. It can also be basted up to check for fit. This is also a great product for tracing vintage patterns!




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter looks adorable in her little dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and cute!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! That denim is so cute and with Liberty of London trim?? Fabulous! I'll have to try out that tracing cloth...looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...