Image Map

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sew & Tell Saturday 5/10

Welcome to Sew & Tell Saturday!
Many of you have been busy sewing up clothing for your spring wardrobes and I'm looking forward to see what you've made!
I've been working on a pair of slim floral print pants with a sleeveless peplum top the past two days. It was my first time making a fly zipper so now that I know how, I'm excited to get to more pants and shorts projects with the fly zip. ( It was one of those things I avoided)
I have also been reading my new book, Overdressed, about the fast fashion movement. I didn't buy this book for a long time because I had read lots of reviews and got the gist of it, but WOAH! This is a total must read, and will really make you glad that you are a part of the handmade clothing movement.

So let's get to our featured sewists from the last party.....

Japanese pattern top and bubble shorts from Sewing Like Mad

Vintage Style sunsuit  from Stitch-It-Up
A 1960 dress pattern sewn by Cari Homemaker
A stylish spring jacket for boys from Kid Approved

Feel free to garb a button!

Photobucket


Photobucket




Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the party Justine! Happy Mother's Day <3

    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous features! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers Day Justine.. Hope you had a good one..

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...