Image Map

Monday, November 5, 2012

A Little Fox And A Little Smock

Elsie & Gigi

The other day I was so excited to open my mail and find this little darling had come all the way from Ireland! She took forever to get to me because she had been lost in the mail for a long time, the poor thing!
She was graciously sent to me all the way from Londonderry, Ireland by dollmaker extraordinaire Louise from the Lou Loves This Blog.
Louise makes the most adorable little dolls. I was so smitten and thrilled when she offered to send me one to show off to you !
This is Elsie, a sweet little fox.
Gigi knew Louise was sending her the fox and every few days she would ask where her fox was.
We were so happy she finally arrived!




 I made this little smock Gigi is wearing from some Kokka Little Red Riding Hood fabric I bought at Superbuzzy . The pattern is another one from my One Yard Wonders, Even More Fabrics book. The pattern is in only one piece making it a breeze to sew up!


Here are a few other lovely dollies Louise has made:
Maude, in a Halloween costume.
A little doll named Bea.
You can visit her blog here and her Etsy shop here.
Tell her I sent you!
Should you decide you can't live without one of her little cute dollies use the code
Sewcountry10  for a 10% discount at her shop.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. What an adorable fox. And the dolls are so cute.
    Love the little smock ..too cute in the little red riding hood fabric..
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPEECHLESS!!! Justine... your wee Gigi is just adorable as is her new outfit :) It really really warms my heart to see my wee Elsie in her arms :) Thank you so so much for the shout out!

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little fox is gorgeous and thanks for the intro to Louise! Gigi's dress is adorable, I have seen it in an apron version before, but not as a dress. I love the fabric and the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ridiculously cute! love the fox, love the dress, love the kid, particularly love the name (having a gigi myself. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky treat that little fox is and love the dress (fabulous fabric!!). Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love these dolls! They remind me of a bunny doll I had when I was a child. I love the smock too! I wish there were blogs like these when my daughter was little. I would have went to town with making things (not to mention buying things I see for sale! LOL)
    The fabric you picked for the smock is utterly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh lord...i have fallen in love...how stinkin' cute!!!! ur amazing

    smiles,

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I bought that from Maybe Matilda. She has a blog and shop.

      Delete
  9. Ohmigosh, how cute! I'm so glad to be following you, love your blog:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had my eye on that fox for a while now, I love it so much! Your daughter looks so stinking cute holding it with her little pinafore on - so cute Justine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every picture tells a story! Too beautiful for words the sweetness and the innocence warms my soul

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Those dolls are really adorable.

    Ivy
    http://eviestearoom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that little fox, and I LOVE that dress!!! Really adorable! Those little red shoes are cute, too. I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-6.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...