Please stop by here to vote for me on Burdastyle!
This is my second entry for the vintage modern design challenge at Burdastyle. Inspired by The Urban Prairie girl pattern . The pattern is quite simple and is a great project for the beginning sewist. A raglan sleeve bodice, with elastic casings at the neck and arms, a simple rectangular skirt with elastic placed under the waistband and some ties coming off of the side seams that tie in the back. I added the ties to the style so it would be really easy without that part. Instead of a deep hem ruffle I used a small box pleat because it would have been way too long. I also added some different colors of crochet trim to the hem.
The fabric is by Tina Givens I think. I bought a lot of it two years ago and this was the second dress I made Lily with this fabric. It's been a while since I sewed with quilting cottons. It can be to stiff for most clothing in my opinion. You will rarely find something made of quilting cottons in a boutique. But I love the patterns. Stay tuned this week for my skirt made of Echino Japanese quilting cotton.
I love that stuff!
Urban Prairie by Indygo Junction
Stop by Burdastyle tomorrow and check out the entries!Pin It