Image Map

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Upcycling or Refashioning Projects and Tutorials

 I am entering some of my past projects to an online contest for refashioned clothing so I have gone through some of my past posts and tutorials on this blog. My baby has grown a lot in just the past several months since I have made these projects. These are just some of the sweaters I started making. I put the ones I didn't use in my friends' shop and on my Etsy shop. Unfortunately we are going into Summer  but you can always make some of these yourselves and put them away for Fall. I also have a few grown up projects thrown in here too because Baby can't have all the fun!



Three adult sweaters cut up and made into a baby sweater.


Detail from another baby sweater I made from an adult one.




Two ill fitting blouses turned into one better fitting one. The blue shirt looked bad on me but I had to save the embroideries. I loved that owl especially.


An old mans sweater turned into a baby vest. I was going for a sort of German Edelweiss look here.


An old lady's sweater turned into a fancy baby sweater. I call this one The Jackie O.




Another old cashmere sweater turned into a baby sweater. I made my own bias trim to add to it. Click here for my baby sweater making tutorial.


Two sweaters turned into one. I love the cassette applique.



Sleeves from one of the sweaters made into baby pants. Click here for the how-to.




From old jeans and a skirt and pillow fabric to a purse and a kid's headband. For the tutorial on making the headband click here.



Mens shirt into peasant blouse. Click here to see the tutorial.



Thanks for stopping by my little corner. I hope you enjoyed this little show and tell.


Photobucket
I am linking to:

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are on a roll with the refashioning! Amazing! I love the little purse, and the sweater with the birdie applique is just too cute! Great work!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun. these look great. Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sooo many fabulous ideas! I love your creativity - you're so talented!!

    I would love if you came and linked these projects to my clothes upcycling page. It has a long term linky, so your projects would stay there for more than just the week of a usual linky. We have over 60 projects linked up now – some fantastic ideas – and this month I’m upcycling lots of clothes and trying to feature lots of the links too!
    Do come and take a look!
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/p/clothes-upcycling-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I'm a huge fan of upcycling. That stripey sweater great, and I must try making a tunic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some amazing ideas! I really love how you transformed old clothes into new and beautiful creations! The Jackie O sweater is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look amazing. Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...