Image Map

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mod Podged Wrapping Paper Frame

Lately I've noticed at the hobby shop that there have been some very cute rolls of wrapping paper in the one dollar bin.
I also had a blank wood frame that I bought a long time ago in my crafty cupboard.
The colors of the wrapping paper were going to match perfectly with a photo of Gigi in her Purple Pumpkin dress I hand painted from a white sheet. The dress I made for Project Run & Play the week I was voted off. I think this is one of my favorite dresses I have made her ever and ever.
 Original post here.
The light weight of the paper is perfect for Mod Podge projects! While I love scrapbook paper, it doesn't always work on projects that require wrapping, like this frame did.
Here's how to make a wrapping paper covered picture frame...
Start with an unfinished frame like the one above. They are just a couple of dollars at the hobby shop, or you use an old frame you have sitting around collecting dust. 
Cut the wrapping paper with about a one inch overlap as pictured above.
Add Mod Podge to the back of the frame and wrap the frame.
Let dry.
Once the paper is dry you can brush a couple of coats of Mod Podge over the frame to seal it and protect it. I used Mod Podge Antique to age the frame, I love how it does that, but normal Mod Podge will work just fine, too!

Thanks for stopping by. Stop by my blog sometime! Or visit on Facebook or Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Love it.. Mod podge is so fun.. the paper you chose is so pretty with Gigi's out fit..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely paper to accent that pretty dress on Gigi. I have a huge stack of frames just waiting for a project like this.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...