Image Map

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Homegrown Breakfast & Happy Mail

This may look like an ordinary breakfast but there is something very extra special about it....

Everything on this plate was grown in our garden, thanks to Richard, the ultimate gardener.
The eggs are from our chickens, which he feeds and keeps clean. The tomatoes and melons are from the seeds he planted, and the avocados come from our small grove of avocado trees.
How does he do it?

Farm fresh food!

 I can't claim any credit because I have what you call a brown thumb.
I just don't have the patience or energy to nurture plants.
Even my poor fishbowl cactus terrarium withered away.
Have you ever watched the old sixties TV show Green Acres? I can relate to Zsa Zsa Gabor's character. 

When we first moved here from the city, I confused baby goats with baby sheep and would get freaked out running through the orange groves.
I had a beautiful Quarter horse but had to give him up because I was too wimpy to handle him and wasn't prepared for how much work raising a horse actually takes.
He was huge and very intimidating and I could tell he resented having to deal with me since he had been a show horse in his younger years. 
How had he ended up with the likes of me?
The harsh sun outside on the horse ranch was also frying my skin....
But I really loved dressing like a cowgirl!


In other news, we found my old iPhone in my husband's car when he had some work done to it and now I have two iPhones. So I'm sending one to my son at college, and I made him a little cozy for it from an old felted sweater. I just threw this together, and I doubt he will really use it, since it will be way too bulky to fit in his jeans pocket. But it will be protected it in the mail!
Would you look at this box I got in the mail courtesy of Joann Fabrics? I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it all , but stay tuned for some posts about Fabric painting, etc. I'll have to put my thinking cap on.

I'm off to the Sewing Summit in Utah tomorrow! I'll be meeting up with blog friends and taking lots of interesting workshops. It's the first time I will be sleeping alone in a hotel room in too many years than I care to admit. I haven't actually slept alone in a hotel since I was a twenty year old traveling through Europe alone. I've always had either my kids or my husband with me.
Wish me luck!



If you would like to see more sewing and craft related posts consider adding Sew Country Chick to your rss feed reader. Or follow with Facebook, Twitter, or Friend Connect!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun at the Sewing Summit! I can relate to having a brown thumb. :) I am pretty much growing a garden of weeds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy looking breakfast..
    Have fun at the sewing summit.Look forward to hearing all about it.. and hopefully some fabric shopping while your away too.
    Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuanta cosita bonita
    http://mandarinacosturera.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...