Image Map

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wedding dress design update and my new blog format


Marias dress is coming along. I need to spend more time on it and less time fiddling with my blog design. I found this great site background fairy where you can spend HOURS and I did. There are great tutorials on it for things like centering your blog headers and installing buttons that link to a page and adding words to your header from downloaded fonts for blogging newbies like myself. So here is my new and cleaner linen look background as you can see.


This is the dress after I added the lace overskirt. The bias  silk underskirt really turned out well, but you can't see it with the lace over it. I probably didn't need to bother with it.



I wasn't that crazy about how the lace was draping over the bias skirt but once I draped the sash it looked better. Now I need to add a train, finish the sash, add trim on the neckline and sleeves and add buttons in back. While I try to keep my one year old entertained. I'd better get busy!

9 comments:

  1. The dress is gorgeous! I like the new blog background also. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca! I actually took the skirt apart while I was taking a nap today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful - I love it! I like the way you can get just a hint of the slinky bias skirt under the lace. You must have even more hidden talents than I thought-how did you take the skirt apart while taking a nap at the same time?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this dress. Love the neckline and the sash really adds to the beauty of it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I like the new blog background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress! I cant wait to see it finished! The site looks amazing too. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justine, I love the dress and am not sure about the the new background, but it is nice. I left you a message on your cell. miss all of you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandpa knew I could appreciate this website. It was fully accurate. This post actually made my day. You can't envisage simply how a good deal time I had exhausted for this information! Thanks for using such a lot of power into this!

    As a final point , give permission me thank you for your patience with my English as (I'm convinced you have become aware this at this time ,), English is not my number one language therefore I am using Google Translate to build out how to enter what I really plan to state.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good post. I became reviewing always it website that i'm astounded! Very helpful data specially the still left component I maintain these kinds of information and facts a lot. I'm attempting to get the following information and facts for decades. Cheers and finest involving chance.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...