Marias dress is coming along. I need to spend more time on it and less time fiddling with my blog design. I found this great site background fairy where you can spend HOURS and I did. There are great tutorials on it for things like centering your blog headers and installing buttons that link to a page and adding words to your header from downloaded fonts for blogging newbies like myself. So here is my new and cleaner linen look background as you can see.
This is the dress after I added the lace overskirt. The bias silk underskirt really turned out well, but you can't see it with the lace over it. I probably didn't need to bother with it.
I wasn't that crazy about how the lace was draping over the bias skirt but once I draped the sash it looked better. Now I need to add a train, finish the sash, add trim on the neckline and sleeves and add buttons in back. While I try to keep my one year old entertained. I'd better get busy!