Image Map

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Black Ninja Assasin Costume


 Last year when Lily told me she wanted me to make her a Black ninja assassin costume I raised my eyebrows and thought to myself...."hmmmmmm."
"Sounds challenging...."

And the perfect opportunity to experiment with some black faux leather stretch fabric I bought downtown for 2 dollars a yard that had been donated from the workshop of the BEBE design room, a chain shop catering to cheesy, super sexy, and age inappropriate fashion knockoffs for teens.

Now that I look back, I wonder if it had something to do with the rough school year she was having, her wanting to be a black ninja assassin for Halloween, that is.
Or maybe she watched a ninja movie with her big brother when I wasn't home....

Oliver is his thrown together explorer costume. Always putting something together at the last minute.
 Characters from the film Ninja Assassin- Korean
  Lily drew a picture of what she wanted, and I set about figuring how to construct it. 
I traced some of her pants and a long sleeved t shirt, and connected them to make a jumpsuit pattern.
I made the top wrap around because that was a part of Lily's design.
Then I created a hood pattern using a pattern I had.
I made a hole on the top of the hood to put her pony tail through.
I think she looks really tough!
 Don't even think about messing with this girl.
 That's actually a real sword cover on her hip there. A souvenir from a trip to Japan. Sword not included on hip... But she wanted to use it. Too sharp.
I have to draw the line somewhere.
I still have the Stitched Blooms book giveaway up so stop by and enter here!
Are you new to Sew Country Chick and would like to keep up with the weekly tutorials and handmade goodness? Sign up for an e mail subscription here!

6 comments:

  1. Lily looks adorable.. What a fantastic job you did mom.. And son is very handsome in his costume too.
    Sorry Lily had a rough school year.. Hope its better this year.. I know Callie has had a rough one last year too.
    but thank God, is doing much better this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love costumes like this because a child will have so much fun wearing it long after Halloween is over. That make-believe world is such a wonderful learning experience. I hope she has a fantastic school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...