Image Map

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

PatternReview Vogue8685


Vogue 8685 Knit Dress

My version

I needed a basic black dress so I decided to make one out of double knit.

The dress has an interesting double waist yoke with a lot of topstitched seams.

It turned out OK but I don't think the pleats at the bust are very flattering to someone busty like me and the attached neckline looks stretched out. I think I will take off the neckline binding and just turn the neck under and top stitch and I'm tempted to remove the bust pleats and put darts.

6 comments:

  1. The dress looks good on you. I see what you mean about the neck looking a little stretched out. I think the pleats look just fine, you probably just note used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neck does look a bit stretched, so maybe you should do what you said. I think it looks great overall, what double knit did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute dress, this is something I'd wear to work at least once a week. The shape is really flattering!

    Did you use a serger on this project or a regular sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks great on you. On Gertie's Blog for Better Sewing there was a post a while back about sewing with knits. The guest poster said she uses that clear elastic tape sometimes to hold shape in knits. I don't know if something like that might help your neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a lovely pattern, l agree the double yoke is interesting. I have a similar pattern l haven't used yet. Tut tut!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...