Image Map

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pattern review: Burda 7678


This is Burda pattern 7678. It's a great basic piece to have in your wardrobe because you can wear it over skinny jeans or leggings. You could also dress it up with some sexy heels for an evening out or put some flip flops on for the day.



This was the first version of 7678 I made in a yellow and black striped jersey. The top ended up being so long it could also be worn as a dress shown below.





This is the second version I made. I shortened the pattern by about five inches so it wasn't so bunched up at the hips.


   I read about this fluttery detail in Sew Stylish magazine. You cut out hearts and then gather them in the middle. You then tack them on the garment and they resemble butterflies. This fabric was a light pre wrinkled beige cotton jersey with a slight gold metallic sheen which is not evident but gives the top a casual evening feel.




1 comment:

  1. I am so envious of your sewing skills! You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Your comments are really appreciated and fun for me to read! If you have a question I usually respond via e- mail which is easier for me, being a busy mom. Please don't leave anonymous comments, instead just put your name in the Name/ URL box if you don't have an account. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...